Saturday, November 29, 2008

Workwear Addition #2746

Desperation hit me this week. Let's just say that I'd been walking around in a pair of $20 patent black flats from Target pretty much every day since June and that I had well and truly got my money out of them. The inside lining had worn away and even torn off in some places, the patent wasn't so shiny any more and they were beginning to smell. Plus, while flats were comfy, they weren't exactly the height of office fashion, so it was definitely time to update.

I'd been on the lookout for a pair of closed-toe patent black heels for quite some time, but it seems as though they are nowhere to be found at the moment. It's as if the shoe stores all assume that we spend our summers off work, sipping cocktails at Fed Square in gladiator sandals and thongs, because that's all anyone is selling. It was getting to the point where price wasn't even this issue any more, I just needed a pair of shoes suitable enough to pair with a pencil skirt.

Matt suggested we go to DFO (Direct Factory Outlets) yesterday afternoon, as he needed a new pair of work shoes too, and this was where I found them...a perfect match, everything I had been roaming the streets looking for in the past few weeks, right there in front of me. And, at a discount too! Have a look at my beauties in all their splendour, and for only $68!

P.S. I loved these so much, I broke them in while washing the dishes last night!

No comments: